Sunday, June 4, 2017

June 4th Trailerama by Phil Noyes

Cover of Trailerama by Phil Noyes. All photos from Phil's book.
We interrupt this blog for a Book Report on Trailerama by Phil Noyes.  I spent my last night in Arkansas in the Tom Sawyer RV Park. While registering for my campsite I picked up Phil’s book and was leafing through it when the Park Manager asked if I’d like to borrow it for the evening. I responded promptly, “yes, thank you.” Those of you who are sophisticated world travelers should probably just skip this post. Trailerama is a picture book that is all about the current craze and interest in vintage trailers. I’ve seen other books on the topic so can confirm that it is hot.
Painting that depicts the idylic life of living in a travel trailer

The author explains in his Introduction that he spent a great deal of time in flea markets and on eBay searching for trailer-related memorabilia. He tells us … “There is a small army of crazy, like-minded trailerites out there sitting in the dirt and scouting the internet for vintage goodies, and our ranks are growing.” He goes on, “This book pays homage to all things vintage trailer, and I hope that all you non trailerites will find these images as lovely and engaging as I do.”
Well, I’ll tell ya, he’s got an amazing collection of images. I’ve picked out a few of my favorites for you to enjoy.
"With everything at her fingertips, meal time is
an easy-time for the trailer homemaker" 

"You may not find a home in every place you
roam but when you own a Spartan you always
have a home"

There is a chapter in the book about movie stars that used
trailers and here a movie with Lucy & Dezi traveling together
in their trailer

This is an amazing photo of Rock Hudson,
Elizabeth Taylor and James Dean cuddled together
in their trailor

One chapter is how trailers were used for other purposes.
In this case a mobile medical center.

And, the Lord went on the road with mobile preachers

Another traveling preacher with his space age trailer

For some reason this image reminds me of my own family.

No comments:

Post a Comment