Tuesday, July 18, 2017

July 14th & 15th Laramie, Wyoming

Me with my best friend from College Tia and her husband Roy
Leaving Lawrence, Kansas I headed north on Highway 75 because I wanted to continue driving west on Highway 36 – a quiet, two-lane, straight road that would take me all the way through Kansas to Denver. At Denver I jogged north again to Laramie, Wyoming where my best friend from College Tia and her husband Roy Clark live.

I last visited Tia and Roy in Laramie in 1988 when they invited me to come and design their garden for their brand new home. Tia has come to California a few times in the interim so it was my turn to go visit them.

The Laramie parade was much like the Piedmont parade
with more horses
My timing was perfect because Laramie was celebrating Laramie Jubilee Days. There was a parade in the morning and a rodeo in the evening. What could be more Wyoming than a rodeo? 

In between these traditional events we just talked endlessly – just as we had in the 1970s when we were students together at UC Berkeley and lived in the Student Co-op.

I asked to be entertained by looking through Tia’s scrapbooks – each of which is a masterpiece in technique and design. Tia has developed a talent for photography that far exceeds mine, so I thoroughly enjoyed each page of every album and could have looked at more but did not want to seem greedy. We made muffins together and ate a lot of good food at home – just as we had OMG 45 years ago!
Pink tractors in Laramie???

Lots of beautiful horses

Cheyenne Lions Club entry



More beautiful horses at the rodeo

Cowgirls doing obstacle course runs in 17 seconds


Mutton riders 6 years and younger. There's a very young boy riding the sheep

All the mutton riders won trophies

No comments:

Post a Comment